Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I always used AVG and my comp was running crappy when I switched to AVAST I picked up so much crap I was amazed I almost crapped myself. It's always worked for me.. at least I thught it did.. I dont ever have many problems tho.

·
Administrator
20,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
290 Posts
i used spybot. adaware,
best thing i have used for killing bho's and browser hijacks is "hijack this"
download.com or majorgeeks.com and download it gets rid of tool bars dns hijacks and anny other crap IE HIJACKING ~! great tool ..
i used to use trend micros one day it pissed me off and i went looking and got avira , i crapped when it picked up on viruses the other missed ... ones i was to intelligent to open for a while after dloading them etc.

i used to use avira in a hp kayak booting from the scsi and pulling ide hard drives and slapping them in and scanning them ... that as i got tired of xp getting so corupted by malwae and 50 some viruses running at once you can not install a virus scanner ..so it worked
I can still remember when i worked on the idiots across the yards computer first and last time .. had to run back and forth frommy house and burn a few cd 's . walking back into the house "he" said you shouldnt a let him touch it he doesn't know what he is doing .. i said yeah next time i wont .. but now .. here 600 some od infected files 3 back doors running at the same time .virus city on windows moron edition . this is a guy that will install kazza on his computer and swear his pc is still ok ! rember kazza . save now.exe ???dns hijacks . bho's man that was wonderfull...not.
anny way then i started to run that p3 kayak all the time like for a few years .. it finaly gave up ..so i old school i was feeling boared i grab an old dual pentium pro @233mhz . 384mb ram win 2k off the pile it came.
i end up with dialers and viruses running like overnight . i cleaned and cleaned eaven fresh install still same crap .
then i remembered zone alarm . i am on dialup . well zonealarm found out 400+ hits in less then 8 hours . and no more viruses . i asked my isp he said yeah i tried to get rid of them . nothing works with a 2k box they know all the exploits . nothing i can do eaven with my iptables . i blocked whole continents . they still find routers to hijack. and proxy servers so i quite and just suggest a firewall on the clients end ..
hes right it does work .. xp's sp2 crap firewall is a joke but works better then none ... back to playing shadow warrior wanton on my vlb dos box .. yawn

·
Registered
290 Posts
btw do you know how much fun it was to watch the neighbors screen go bsod {blue screen}from across the yard at night?? and i didn't do a thing to it just never fixxed it again ..

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
amc, I don't know if you posted that H2 article here by mistake or not.
I deleted it....wrong place for it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
im using kaspersky now, its super anoying specialy if you are a gamer like me, modding files, downlaoding mods and ptches for games, Anything you open a thing pops up asking you to allow it or deny or add to trusted zone.

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
Kaspersky is a great product.
See if you can customize it to turn pop off balloons off, etc.
If not...close any programs (like email, IE, etc) and disable the Antivirus while gaming....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recommend kaspersky antivirus, I have tried norton,mcafee,avg, bitdefender, avast and panda, and kaspersky runs with minimal system resources and it does not allow any virusses unto your pc, let me know and I'll email you the program!

·
Registered
290 Posts
i dont usually worry about anti virus protection i wear a condom

avira is the best i used avg norton macafee and comodo wich is really ook

21 - 31 of 31 Posts