Vendor
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I just received 3 WIESCO 3162P2 Piston sets with the
WRONG SKIRT Clearance on the box
SAYS .0078”
SHOULD BE .004”-.005”

:Grin::Grin:

This thread is in no way meant to be a negative statement; Sometimes larger manufactures or any of us for that matter, make some mistakes in their business operations.
As we all know; Wiesco is TOP OF THE LINE & we are all proud to have the product in our equipment. There are some Bone Head machine shops who believe the printed material or don’t know any better & aren’t aware of how to calculate cylinder skirt clearance. Follow “How It’s Done 2015” I’ll write a piece soon to explain.

An .008” skirt clearance in an engine which should run .004” will surely cause a disaster.

Stay on your toes & pay attention; As they say “Be alert, we Need More lerts”

IMO

:Dope:

:Cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well that sucks :thumbsdown:

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
Holy Big Writing !!!

Might be boxed wrong or they made them for the wrong application or maybe their quality control hit the wall ?
I wouldn't think of the latter part because they, Wiseco manufactures pistons for everything.

·
Registered
258 Posts
probably a typo.

Did you inform them?

Never really noticed that on the boxes. Get my jug back from shop I've been using for 20 yrs, and just put it together.

Ya, I know, blind faith. Tho, I'd do the same with you.

I guess I thought they had a formula simular to their ring end gap. "X" clearance per inch of dia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.