Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i need some advice.....got me my stock banshee-just have k&n filters on and my cpi in frame pipes......elevation is about 5800 above sea level...6 basically and my stock jettin was 190. i had my dealer rejet it and they put in 310 jets but i think thats to big cause when i go to full throttle its boggs out a little around 1/2 to 3/4 throttle then picks up.....any idea of the jets i need???? i have a buddy who has his motor redone by k&T and everything and says i need way lower...?????? any other advice????

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it has lowend but it does the little bogg right before powerband!!!! and they also bumped the needle up one!!!!! what jetting???? will 290 work???thats what is kinda around the neighborhhood i think

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well through any of the gears it does it. this is what it does...give it a little throttle and it fine the punch it through any gear and it will hesitate right before power band then it will pick up...any thoughts of what it can be??? to big of jet????

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
IMO...you're wasting your time with CPIs on a stock bore, stock port motor.

1/2 to 3/4 throttle is mostly the needle, you're starting to bleed into the main at that throttle position.

With pod filters, no air box, at your elevation...260 to 290 is where I think you should be.
At sea level with pods and pipes I set my bikes at 320 to 340...and use one jet size leaner per 1000ft to 1500 ft of elevation change.

Some good mods for you at that elevation are shaving the head and advancing the timing.
I'd bet you could take .030 off the head, advance the timing to 4 degrees, and still run pump gas all day long and get back some lost power from being that high up....
Just a side note, sorry....doesn't help your current dilemma...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts