Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a small shop near Asheville, NC specializing in vintage Japanese motorcycles. I have much more experience with the vintage four-stroke engines than the two-strokes and will be grateful for the collective knowledge and experience of this group.

My immediate question is regarding the lower case half of a Suzuki T350 engine. The top end had been rebuilt by the owner but it still wouldn't run right and he brought it to me. I pressure tested the crank seals and it leaked air out as fast as I could pump it in with a small hand pump - right side worse than left.

I sent the crank off for a rebuild with new rods and seals. Yesterday I took a good close look at the cases and saw that the bottom of the right side cyl case looks like it has been beaten half to death with a broken rod, or something. There are multiple cracks and areas where it looks like the aluminum has been hit so hard it smeared.

I have attached pix below.

Is this case still useable? Since the case pressure is quite low, is there a way to fill and seal the cracks?

I will be very grateful for your thoughts and advice.

Chris Finlayson
Existential Motorcycles
Alexander, NC 28701

DSC09448.JPG DSC09458.JPG

·
Registered
28 Posts
there's very little if any expansion/contraction there so I would just spray it with carb cleaner, let it dry good, then coat it all with JBWeld

1 - 2 of 2 Posts