Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing too exciting, but for the 2nd round of porting on my first 2t cylinder I am happy with the results. Power is estimated at around 35 at the crank 30hp or so at the wheels.

I have not had it on a dyno yet and probably won't until I get a different pipe . The Toomey is awesome ffor stock and mildly modified blasters, but once you open the transfers up the Toomeys 35mm flange and header is quite a bit more restrictive than the 40mm needed and requires more blowdown time ,robbing the amount of compression and mixture held above the piston when the exhaust port closes.

https://youtu.be/VK0dw5zV9F8
https://youtu.be/3Tv5xTpPR6g

Jetting is a little off yet the dual taper needle gets a little lean before the second taper starts and a little rich by coming onto the main jet early.
Comments? Anyone with an ear for jetting have suggestions?

Peace
db

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So got jetting spot on and headed to the trails ,raced a .060 over T5 piped banshee and came out 1/1. It we was pretty funny to hear the owner who just finished telling me how nothing could touch his shee, make excuses as he tried to wrap his head around being bested by a blaster. The shee sounded really good and I am sure he was not too far off from the 44hp T5 pipes are shown to make on stock banshee jugs. Of course that 40 something hp has to pull around an extra 100 pounds but still not bad results, especially with nice midrange power delivery as well.
Currently at .030" over
Vm32 carb
modded Toomey B1

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Sounds good but I doubt you gonna out run any banshees. No video means it didn't happen.

A helmet would be a wise investment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol yeah I have a helmet I tend to wear it when I leave my back yard, not hard to run with a stockish banshee, especially when the rider doesn't expect you to have a chance. The blaster weighs 325 dry plus 125 pound rider, say 450.
The banshee was a stockish .060 over with Toomey T-5 pipes 400 pounds dry with 150 pound rider, 550 pounds 40-44 hp.
If you were able to do the math you would know that you would only need 32.75-36hp to have the same power to weight ratio.
This is not only very possible but not even really all that remarkable and really run of the mill for a mx ported 200cc 2 stroke.
Had I made some outlandish left a fully built banshee sitting in the dust kind of claim. I could understand the disbelief, but a fully built blaster motor making power in the low to mid thirties is pretty standard for stock displacement fast trail/mx type build. Dozens of places turn these kind of motors out every day at a fairly reasonable price.
But I can only recount the events , not really concerned who believes what.
One of the biggest differences from those vids till now ,other than leaning it out 2 MJ sizes, was a swap to 15/41 gearing (from 14/41), helped keep down on uncontrollable wheelspin through 4 sometimes fifth.
Not sure who or what machines I might run into next trip out but I did find my little mobious cam. So maybe I can get some decent vids for those who are unfamiliar with just how competitive a reasonably built blaster can be.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My TRX250R (which won 3 national titles) dyno'd at 36hp at the rear wheels.
I'd bet you aren't close to 30.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ive been on a fast blaster and it was able to run with banshees but never beat any and it needed a +4 swing arm to do that. Yours does not look that quick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said more power can be made ,especially if it only has to handle a few passes per rebuild.
Definitely a fast bike no doubt about that. But really not at all relavent when talking about trail and or MX machines as it would be pretty useless, where I ride, which is a mix of technical hilly trails and fairly open but curvy gravel roads. If a drag built engine run anything at all like a trail/mx build it probably wouldn't win many races at the drag strip. Same as a purpose built drag bike probably wouldn't stand a chance in the woods. But each to their own. We all have our preferences, reasons, and quirks.

Alot of it comes to once bitten twice shy. You buy a wiseco crank, or a cast piston and it fails guarenteed your not gonna buy another , you might never use them again even if you were given a free replacement.
Other times it's simply bandwagon jumping, like DG pipes not good for built or mid-top use, but definitely better than stock on a stock motor, yet many people who have never used or rode a DG pipe let alone anything other than the one that come on their bike when the bought it yet the will swear DB sucks and Fat Bastard is the greatest, when they really have no clue about either one. It's just that saying DG sucks seemed like the popular choice.
No biggie, each to their own, but at the end of the day I gotta do what works for me. Same as you or anyone else.
Really if I were able to have any atv as the ultimate trail weapon it would be a built big bore PV'ed 250r widened only +3 total, with elkas all the way around, with radical port timing that's only rideable in the woods because of the PV.
If I could have any car it would be a 92 Daytona IROC RT 2.2 turbo III. Once again not the popular choice, but hey I didn't make so many "friends " doing what is popular. :)
Lol

Peace
DeeBee

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry didn't see your earlier post.

i really don't think this guy's banshee was all that fast, it sounded good ,but was admittedly stock except for pipes. I only run +2 on the rear with a 400ex shock. I really don't think he expected me to hang, when he looked back to see if I was as close as I sounded , I went flat-tracking around him on the inside. On the way back, I was unable to get around, as we were already In higher gears where he and i both could get power to the ground.

Anyhow , this is a forum and lots of people say lots of things not much fun. Vids can be faked but most usually are not, either way they are fun to watch.
So I Will try to get some footage, might end up eating dust ,but no one where I go knows my bike yet so that helps my chances a bit. Eiher way even with the stock beat you to death front shocks on it, way more fun to ride than a stocker.

Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts