Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done putting a 98 cr250 motor in my 86 250r frame pretty easy swap I am sure about the same as a cr500. I would definatley recommand doing this if ya have the chance crazy power increase more than you would ever belive and it is still track and trail friendly. extremely fun to ride. traction is a huge issue just though I would share my build with other if any questions fell free.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hows the vibs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the vibes are like that of a YFZ450. Not bad rode it for about 4 hours straight yesterday and I felt good when I got off of it. Nothing vibed off checked all the mounts and whatnot all good to go. I put thick rubber washers between all the motor mounts other than the swinger of course. I figured it would vibe alot more but not to bad at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thats cool did you have to cut the frame or did you just make new mounts i would consider doing that but i dont want to cut my frame how much faster do you think it is

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to notch the frame where the clutch cover is. And I made a new cradle and rear shock linkage mount. although you dont have to you could just cut and plate that big round tube that holds your rear shock linkage. It is just like riding a cr250 only 50" wide. It is wicked I need to gear it up a little. You can shift though all gears in about 15 feet insane revs. I took it out on the road to get some traction and it took right off. Even when I hit 3rd on the road it still spin some and I have no air at all in my back tires. Matter a fact I took the cores out of the valve stem to drain all the air and then put them back in to try to get some sort of tracking. Definantly a huge improvement

·
Registered
30 Posts
thats cool my 250r is fast now i was thinking about building a 400ex with a cr500 motor in it but a 400ex cr250 would be cool to is the cr250 a 6 speed

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope 5 speed, I was goin to put a cr500 in my R frame but instead I am putting a cr500 motor in my bike and the cr250 motor in the R. I figured I could upgrade them both at the same time. now I just need to sell my 250r motor to put money towards a 500.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is what I am working on today, I am goin to pick up the supplys so I can weld aluminum with my mig and then I will get that done and out of the way. For right now I just bump start it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey im lucky enough to try this but need help came across a cr250r motor thats been bored out with racing reeds now will this motor fit into my trx250r frame....im not much knowledge on the atvs so any help would work thank u...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts