Everything2Stroke Forum banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
WOW...i just went through this whole thread. i like what you are doin here. great attention to detail.
the color scheme is deffinatly gonna look sweet as well as be different.
keep up the good work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Got my bearings in and did a little work in between driving to San Diego for my son's soccer tournament this weekend. Hoping to have a rolling chassis this week.

Yep, I know the front shocks are upside down, but just wanted to check the steering scrub before I put the shocks on. EDIT: Well maybe they are not on upside down.... silly Suzuki back in the day I guess :D

also refreshed the rear shock and reservoir.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
looks really good so far !!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Quad is a roller now:

Also have my whip wired into the rear running light that runs in both Low and High

Wiring and bleeding the brakes are next on the list.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,843 Posts
Just read the whole thread too and this is one impressive project. You'll love the durability of that sidewinder sprocket. I wasn't sure on the black frame at first until the whole thing was into a roller stage and I gotta say it looks real sharp.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well it took a few days, but I finally have the wiring all correct. Geezzz, what a pain in shortening all those wires. I have them all soldered, shrink wrapped, and techflex. I have over 30 feet of techflex on this bike now.

If anybody is thinking of doing this make sure you have a wiring diagram. Have to make sure that the Black with White tracer wire ties to the frame, key, kill switch, stator, and CDI. That was probably the trickiest wire to complete.

Also since I have all the parts for a Projection HID light, I wanted to see its light pattern.

Last shot is me pointing the light up to my ceiling. Wow, this is a wide pattern, but not much up or down. Hmm, maybe I'll add the projection light as a 2nd HID on the front of my bike. We'll see.

Well, I've decided that the Krylon Fusion is crappy. All three pieces scratch back to yellow too easily.... ggrrrr, now I have to figure out how to change the color of my plastic. If I could find a vat big enough, I would dye it. Have heard good things about the RIT dye and plastic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ok, have the wiring for the HID and LED pretty close. Here are a few shots of the lights on my street.

And a couple video's of the lights on down my street. This first video shows my tail light + whip light first... then later shows the lights on and off down the street:

HID unplugged. LED lights only down the street.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Coming along nicely. Your gonna have to give us a ride report on the smart chain. It looked pretty cool, just wonder if it works as wells as they say...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Wheels are done. I went ahead and got a set of the STU Sand Skate I's Comp Cut on 10x10 rims & STU Razorback's on 10x7 rims. The rims are all Douglas .125 powder coated black.

Of course got all my sand tire needs from Fullerton Sand Sports. Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Here is how I wired up my HID in the stock light housing.

I ordered the H4 HID kit from Wheelie Bar on the Glamis Dunes forum:

The bulb fits directly in the housing. The stock retainer clip/spring holds the HID bulb right in there with no modifications.

I mounted a HD Weatherproof Relay on the side of the light housing. I shrink wrapped and added Techflex to the wires to clean it up a little.

The slim line ballast is just a little to big to fit in the stock housing. I was thinking about trimming the housing, but decided against it.

Instead I moved the ballast into the frame pocket (stock air intake near the steering stem). It fits in there nicely. I will get some foam padding to keep it safe in there when I mount it for good.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I ordered a brighter LED 1156 bulb for the whip light. It came from SuperbrightLEDs.com. This light is BRIGHT. I should have no problem being seen at night when we park!

Spent a bit of time polishing up my Q pipe. Started using some Mothers metal polish, but then used my Flitz that I bought a few years ago at the SSSS.

Shinney!!!!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
damn!! its looking sexy!!!! very nice bro

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks. I'm excited to get it running again. Just need to double/tripple check all my bolts and nuts... don't need any parts falling off when I'm out in the dunes!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Thanks. I'm excited to get it running again. Just need to double/tripple check all my bolts and nuts... don't need any parts falling off when I'm out in the dunes!
haha i hear ya my last trip to the dunes left paddle passed me at the drag strip lol:Laugh8:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well the plastic came in on Friday. Got it mounted on the quad and now I'm figuring out my cut plan and adjustments required.

You can see the gap at the front of the seat and the weird down turn on the rear plastic very front.... what the hell was Maier thinking on that one!!!!

Planning out the cut.... thinking about a race cut on the front.

Just not sure yet.

Moving the front plastic up around the tank to get rid of that 1/2" - 3/4" gap at the front of the seat.

I'll wait for my hood to get back before I make any permanent changes.

Also got front rotors from JDS Customs as one of my stock ones was warped. Removed the guards so they are more visible.

Waiting on some new bolts since removing the stock ones ruined them.... oh well ... More stock parts ordered from the local dealer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Made a "Race Cut" on the front plastic.

Here I cut about 1/2" from both sides of the rear fender to remove that weird down turn in the seat line.

I need to cut the front of the rear fender to spread it out a little wider as the front plastic sticks out a bit at the top:

I also have propped up the rear of the front plastic to remove the 1/2" gap under the top of the seat. I'm going to weld some of my cut plastic pieces to get the alignment of the pieces under the seat. More tomorrow.

41 - 60 of 174 Posts