Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I heard that too... and I was pretty good at wheeling. I could take off in first and row thru the gears and hold 5th until I ran out of room. Or just pop it up in 3rd, and side hill or what ever.... now this two stroke engine is a different animal... no engine braking. I have to get better at finding the balance point and cover the rear brake!

I figured I will never stop riding on the rear wheels, so it was another buying point of going 2-stroke!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Going to go with a black and green color scheme. Thinking about one of these two

Black/Green plastic

Black/Black plastic

New rear disc came in the mail

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i like the black on green and how did you do that? photo shop?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i like the black on green and how did you do that? photo shop?
I used a freeware tool call Gimp 2. Use lots of layers and you can change colors of layers pretty easily/quickly.

Download and then follow some of the tutorials they have online and you start getting the hang of it.

Here are a few more colors I created:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Well, I was bored so I did some quick comparisons between a set of SSI and SSII tires that I have. Trying to figure out which set will go on the rebuilt zilla.

Alright, I have a splattering of different rims/tires, so here is what I found.

SS1 .160 21x12x10 vs SS2 .125 20x11x8

SS2 .190 20x11x10

Weights:
  • 14.6lbs SS2 8" Rim .125 Rim
  • 18.25lbs SS1 10" Rim .160 Rim
  • 18.25lbs SS2 10" Rim .190 Rim

Comparing the tread depth.

SSI 21x12x10 ~.75"

SSII 20x11x8 ~1" (Partially worn down)

SSII 20x11x10 ~1.25"

Hmm, I'll have to do some work and break down some more tires I have to find the lightest 10" rim to go along with the SSII 20x11x10.

Edit... found some rim weight info
  • 10x5 - Red - 4.15 lbs
  • 10x5 - Black - 3.85 lbs
  • 10x5 - Blue - 2.75
  • 9x8 - Red - 4.6 lbs
  • 9x8 - Black - 3.95
  • 9x8 - Blue 3.15
  • 8x8 - Red - 3.95
  • 8x8 - Black - 3.15
  • 8x8 - Blue - 2.16

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've never seen the SSII's comp cut. I've looked but can't find any pictures of them. Do you have any?

Also, for now I'm done with the comp cuts. Since I ride from the Washes to the hills and down in Buttercup, there is too many bushes/crappy sand and I need a little thicker tire.

I'll probably go with the SSII's on 10" blues. I'll get some more weights once I break down the tires/rims that I have now, then that will determine if I'll go with the 8" or 10" rims/tires.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
One day, I'll get comp-cuts again. I just sold my 6 paddle brats comp cut with three patches in one tire a month ago. When I get the comp cuts, they will be a 2nd set for sure. I'll just have to settle for the +3 pounds per tire that I'm gaining with the SSII's.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok, thought I would go ahead and weigh and measure my Razorbacks.

22x7x10 .125 STU Razorback on Douglas .125 10x7 rims
12.5 lbs - Measured 8.75" wide

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sidewinder stuff arrived. 4 links larger then stock for the change in sprockets.

13/44 w/Smart Chain

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Broken and missing parts ordered from the local dealer. No call today, so hopefully they are not on back order.

I also swung out to Fullerton Sand Sports and chatted with Dave "Al Bundy" a bit. Great guy, always helpful on the phone and has some great stories. Anyway got a set of 10x10 .125 rims for my Skate 1's. Heading over to the powder coater again to drop off all 4 rims. Anyway, here are some latest pictures of my rebuild process.

Couple better pics of the powder coated things:

Some big A$$ rims!

The 10x10 .125 Douglas rims weigh about 4.6lbs each and my 10x7 .125 Douglas front rims weight in at 3.5lbs each.

HID installed in stock housing. So far the light pattern looks good:

Enough for now folks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
That is just so damn awesome how you installed that HID in the stock housing.
How hard was that installation?

Your Zilla is going to look real wicked when you are done.

Keep them pics coming..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Should have ran an outerwear over that blue filter, I run a similar setup on all my bikes with k&n filters and outerwear, never had a problem and I mainly ride dunes.
A little late on the reply, but anyway :D I have run K&N filters in the past with an outerwear and they worked fine. This nano filter is a dry filter.... no oil on the material. I could of gotten the Outerwear for it, but it the filter its self doesn't filter for crap.

I sent the filter back to Amsoil and they processed a full refund with just a few questions asked. Still like the company, but not that filter!

The dual layer Uni foam filter is a PITA to maintain, but it is about the best filtration made. I want my zilla to last and not have to go thru needless rebuilds.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That is just so damn awesome how you installed that HID in the stock housing.
How hard was that installation?

Your Zilla is going to look real wicked when you are done.

Keep them pics coming..
I ordered a H4 mounted HID light. It drops right in where the stock halogen light mounts. The outside ring with the spring on it holds the light in place (just like the stock one). The reflector aiming seems OK right now... until I get out in the dunes, i just don't know how good or bad the reflector HID pattern will be.

So far it was pretty easy installation for the HID to mount in there. When I get a working digital slim ballast, I will mount it in the light housing along with the relay. I'll take close up pictures when I assemble it for the final time.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the build so far. Hope it turns out like I want.

21 - 40 of 174 Posts