Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off just wanna say to everyone who loves 2 strokes.
I have a 89 lt250r. And im having a little problem with the bumpsteering. What can i do other than drop a bunch of money on some new frontend kit.
Next does anyone know of a year zilla jug i can put on my lt250. Please help me

·
Registered
591 Posts
First off just wanna say to everyone who loves 2 strokes.
I have a 89 lt250r. And im having a little problem with the bumpsteering. What can i do other than drop a bunch of money on some new frontend kit.
Next does anyone know of a year zilla jug i can put on my lt250. Please help me
Does the bike have the oem front suspension components ?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Bumpsteer is a pretty easy fix on the 250. There is a bracket bolted to each spindle that the tie rods bolt to. Remove both brackets and swap sides. Before you install them, flip them over. When you are finished you have the left side bracket on the right side and the right side bracket on the left side with both being upside down from their original position. Originally they angled slightly upwards, now that you flipped them they angle slightly downwards.

With that done you will have to readjust the toe, you want to be about 1/4" toe in. That is with the handlebars straight a measurement between the front of the tires is 1/4" less than the measurement between the rear of the tires. Make your adjustments by loosening the lock nuts on the tie rod ends and turning the tie rods. Turning them one way will lenghten them, turning them the other way will shorten them. Take a few measurements from the same spot on each tire to somewhere on the frame so that you know you have each side adjusted the same. It's easy if they are the same when you start but who knows how they have been adjusted over the years.

It may sound a little complicated but you'll see it's pretty easy once you get started. Shouldn't take you more than a couple hours total and it will make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts