Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help with finding all the stuff i need to set my 86 lt up for flat track racing.would they do good in flat track racing? the stuff in the lt now,uni air filter,wiseco piston,ported and polished,boysean power reeds,vesrah conn rod,head shaved a lil bit,all balls crank bearings,280 jet size,snowmobile fule pump,soon to get a barrnett dirt digger clutch kit

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep!!! Best for flat track and tt. Lowering kit and sway bar.What do you need a fuel pump for?

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
at high rpm 2 stroke engines lean out so putting a fule pump keeps the gas it needs like a snowmobile you can hold them for a while
you realize can install a powerjet and a larger bowl if your worried about lack of fuel .really you shouldnt need a fuel pump on just gas.also what pipe ?thats where id start considering all that you have now.fmf wont work too well for high rpm neither wil l the crappy stock carb

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
114 Posts
You dont need a fuel pump period. I ran my nearly all stock 86 last year. It had mild port work (just clean up), 20 over, and fmf exhaust. It was fine. If you wanna do serious racing tho...look into a hybrid swap from a zilla (but its not cheap) or a 87+ lt250 because they run a powervalve system and have more potential power

·
Registered
461 Posts
I run modded petcocks on both the lt250's(38 pwk and stock) and the hybrid 540 with a 42.5 mikuni, and never had a problem with running it outa fuel?

·
Registered
547 Posts
The best quad for flattrack aN TT would be the 250r because the specs of the frame.. the lt250r has alooooot of power but they have problems turning i think youll do just fine just make sure you have extended a arms axle shorter swinger and some good tires like american racers.. also invest in a rath swaybar= the best bang for your buck make sure when you lower it try and get it as low as you can but make sure when you lower the quad you dont lower the front and not the back keep the quad level front and back i think the onlt problem youll have is getting it to turn i have a 86 lt set up for flattrack and a 86 250r and around my track at home i can hardly stay with the 250r also depends on who you racing against and what they are riding hope this helps

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the fule pump was a joke to get people going lol,i did try it tho just to seee but it would sputter when reving high so to much gas.
im getting soon is +1+3 extended a arms and 2+2 axle all new tie rods maxxis razer TT tires and sway bar, and just a paint job, lime matalic green frame and black plastics with monster logos. it should be nice when im done. what do yous think

·
Registered
58 Posts
I loved my 86 lt250r for flattrack,just wasn't enough power for keeping up with modded 450's...
Lower the front and rear,hoosier tires and a swaybar and go have a blast!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
get an aaen pipe. they are soooo much better than the fmf. way more power all around and alot better top end. also a bigger carb. check out the building the lt up thread thats my build im just going for power out of the early lt's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i find the older lt like 85-86 work better than the power valve engines, but yeah i need to find a good sway bar some how,but im putting a yfz 450 engine in it next

·
Registered
648 Posts
why would you put a yfz 450 motor in it? that just seems dumb. why not just get a yfz 450 if you want to do that? wouldn't it make more sense? way better geometry than the quadracers.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Last time i went to the I.C.E. ice races, there was a guy with an 85-86 with a 400ex motor in it and he was kicking ass.Must have liked the electric start or something???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
see what i mean quad racers are real racers you just got to know how to drive, now as it is stock except engine mods i can whip my bike around on pave like nuthing you would ever belive, here is a video hard to see tho but im on pave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg-18EF6pOs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts