Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
put it back together had no spark checked all conction and made sure it was all right.i dont know were to begin any help me out please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tryed all the basic stuff such as clean the iner fly wheel and magnito. the pick up coil look a little rusty i have a nother one going to try that tommarrow hope fully that works.any suggestioins thanks beer

·
Registered
145 Posts
im having the same problem. to took off my topend and had spark and put a new topend on and no spark. i have my 86 at the shop and its geting everyhting gone threw.

·
Registered
150 Posts
if u have a buddy with an 86 see if u can use his cdi box and swap them out and see if its that you cant test them thats the bad part and they're like expensive as hell to buy new

·
86lt250r
415 Posts
Recheck everything starting at the plug. Make sure the plug is good, spark plug cap is good, everything is properly grounded, etc. I've seen few stators go bad on lts.

·
Registered
817 Posts
first disconnect the black/yellow wire from the cdi box ( kill wire) see if that helps then start checking coils i'd say you have a bad pick up coil i have seen some odd problems with aftermarket kill switches hooked up the the black wire going to the coil they should be wired to the black/yellow wire

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got spark thanks everyone it was the dam wires running to kill switch the thing runs great just got to break it in thanks beer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts