Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would start it early, but a few months back I traded my thumper for this beauty+cash.

I have the +2 a-arms and AXIS shocks waiting to be put on, and here in a couple hours I'm actually picking up a whole rear axle setup that includes a RPM dominator/LSR Carrier/Sprocket+hub/Anti-Fade locknut/and wheel hubs.

Its down to the frame and Im gettin this baby gusseted and painted this week and the chassis will be thrown together by the end of the weekend.

mamba.jpg 250rMOTOR.jpg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got the frame painted, A-arms should be getting painted as well, then its on to getting the motor and swinger painted.
IMG_1411.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pretty sick so far. Any plans for the engine?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went ahead and got the 310 kit, my mechanic is ripping apart the motor so I can clean up the cases and replace the bearings and gaskets, but here's where its at right now. Ordering some hard parts this Thursday. Since the chassis hadn't been touched since '86 I had a lot of problems with the swingarm. Had to torch out the axle and punch out the old pivot bearings real good since they were rusted in there pretty good. DWT WHEELS JUST CAME IN TODAY TOO ;)
chassisaxle.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Niiiice! Just hope that you don't have problems with those swingarm bearings. I had a real tough time getting the old ones out, and when I got the new ones from pivot works I had to turn down the collars because they were too long. Idk why they were like that.

I'm building my motor into a 265 right now. Just waiting on the crank to get here. (Hopefully Friday!)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Niiiice! Just hope that you don't have problems with those swingarm bearings. I had a real tough time getting the old ones out, and when I got the new ones from pivot works I had to turn down the collars because they were too long. Idk why they were like that.

I'm building my motor into a 265 right now. Just waiting on the crank to get here. (Hopefully Friday!)
We used an air chisel to punch em out. They were in there good! I got a new kit from All Balls and they needed a little adjusting as well but we got em in eventually.

That'll be sick! Post a vid when its done!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will do! Can't wait to see what a fresh motor runs like as compared to one that was basically dead and I didn't know it.
Lol I know what you mean. My last R was all stock, just bored with a ported cool head. I cant wait to rip the 310 to Hell haha

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts
For future refrence, someone makes a poly bushing instead of needle bearings that go in the swingarm. 1000000000 times better imo. Much easier to deal with, and super cheap too. But the build is looking good. Do you race mx in your area?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been MIA. Got super busy and finally got some stuff ordered. As an update, my motor is currently with my mechanic being assembled. We completely tore it down, I cleaned up the cases, got them painted, replacing a few bearings and all the gaskets, lately I have just been ordering some bolts here and there that I am missing, and I have been trying to find all the rubber grommets at a fair price. Motosport screwed me so I decided not to buy brand new OEM grommets haha but she is on the ground, and here is how she sits. Shocks are getting sent to be rebuilt on Friday, brake lines just came in as well as pads, and so did my throttle and front brake master cylinder.

greenmamba.jpg

·
Registered
318 Posts
Blue motor in a green frame...interesting combination can't wait to see how that motor looks in the frame.

·
Registered
318 Posts
with all the little blue touches it looks good! what color plastics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts