Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
yfz330r/86 T3
1,696 Posts
air leak? my t3 use to do that a lot but i was using a different carb setup.... and sometime i would get a air leak at the boot make sure everything is tight... but can you go more in to detail without seeing or hearing it this is the first thing that comes to mind

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it has a new intake manifold and gasket and reed gasket. ill make sure all the bolts on the motor are tight, the last owner told me to make sure everything was tight, and i forgot to check everything.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I have an 85 Tecate that cranks and idles fine. I ride it for about 5 mins and the POS just stalls. Kick it once and it starts right up only to stall again mins later. I have thoroughly cleaned the carb(Keihin PJ). I installed a fram gas filter to prevent an clogs of pilot or main.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
your stator coil is probably crapping out , mine acted like that after it was hot, cold to like 15 minutes fine then random stalls, start right up then stal after 2 minutes.

Made it through the trip and it sat in the winter and never started again, just backfires, replaced stator and it fired right up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts