Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, my name is Brayden. im 16 years old and this is my 85 suzuki lt250r build. this bike is bone stalk never had the head off. ive ran Bel-ray mc1 in it and runs great. one of my buddies owns a motor sports shop and told me about an engine that he rebuilt a few years back and the guy never came back for it. it has a new crank, rod, rings, piston, the whole nine yards with a duncan racing powerhead and a siz speed tranny. $1500 worth of work to it and got it for 500 out the door. its out of an 88 so i had to cut and fabricate the frame to an arch style so it would clear the exhaust port. with a little advice from my dad, i cut up and fabricated the expansion chamber from the 85 engine to work with the 88. primered and painted it to look stock. got it broken in and it sounds great and runs good. heres a few pictures of the old engine and the build. let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.. thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
looks good man..how does it run?

whats the trans like?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Kid , you`re ok in my book , nice build ! I`m dyin over that shock ! A gee tennesee ya think anythings wrong ! But way to get her done ! Them sukis are fast if set up right , better then all this 400 4-stroke crap ! Keep on with the pics!

·
HillClimb/DirtDrag Champ
5,567 Posts
mad props for doing your thing and making it work! put a good pipe on it designed for the 87-92 engine and it will run 100 times better!

·
Registered
648 Posts
yes put a good pipe on there and it will rip way harder and run better overall.

·
Registered
525 Posts
good work, man, looks real nice! should be pretty quick with that motor and the lighter '85 chassis. let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea and it runs better all around than the 85. modding the frame wasnt the easiest. i just need to get an expansion chamber that isnt cut up...

·
Registered
11 Posts
how exactly does it compare to the 85. I have an 85 and was wondering how it would compare HONESTLY to an 87 up lt. Are the 85's just as torquey as the newer 250r's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts