Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know how many strokes a Banshee has? Do you know what an engine stroke is? Do you even know how tight of a band you need to make a 2 stroke powerband for a 350 Banshee?

1. 10 foot pounds
2. 18 foot pounds
3. 24 foot pounds
4. 35 foot pounds
5. 46 foot pounds

So how many foot pounds does a stock 350 Banshee need to make a 2 stroke powerband?

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
What are you trying to ask? The first 2 questions have answers but I don't understand what you are asking with the last 2. Are you asking about the compression in the cylinders (psi)? Maybe I'm just having trouble reading today (it happens often when looking at code all day). If so I apoligize to everyone for sounding dumb.

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
I'm with you PA. I am curious to know if this is a question he wants an answer to or just testing the knowledge of the people here.

Here are some answers to your questions

1.) do you know how many strokes a Banshee has?

Each cylinder would have 2-strokes which would make 4 total for a banshee twin cylinder. Hence 2-Stroke

2.) Do you know what an engine stroke is?

Well for a 2-stroke there are 2 strokes and up and a down. on the Up stroke the motor will pull in gas and air from the carb. Then it compresses the gas and air at the top this is when your spark plug fires and make the piston go down. on the way down the the exhaust goes out and the piston repeats the process over and over and over or until you run out of gas. If you are talking a 4-stroke engine well that I am not going to get into. below is a link to a good read if you want more details.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/two-stroke2.htm

3.) Do you even know how tight of a band you need to make a 2 stroke powerband for a 350 Banshee?

I don't really understand what you are asking here. tight of a band? A powerband is created from the motor reaching a certain rpm at which it opens the Reeds further causing more gas and air to get sucked into the cylinder. when the piston reaches the top of the stroke the air and gas is at a greater volume creating more compression in the cylinder and causing a bigger explosion.

4.) So how many foot pounds does a stock 350 Banshee need to make a 2 stroke powerband?

I have never used foot pounds to measue pressure in a 2-stroke. I believe correct me if I am wrong a powerband is created form the increase in preasure that is cause by the speed at which the piston is moving. When it reaches a certain RPM the Reeds will open wider causing more gas and air to get sucked into the cylinder and a higher compression. Thus causing the powerband. If that is the pressure that you are talking about no I don't know what that pressure is.

I hope this answers some of your questions

·
FMF Whore
1,776 Posts
I thought it was probably a test for idiots, naturally I responded being an idiot and all. haha

I really don't understand where the foot pounds are coming into play. That is a measure of energy or power. If you are talking about the stock dyno'd torque that a banshee motor puts out I've never seen any specs like that. The stock motor puts out roughly 35-37 horsepower (according to the May 2004 issue of Dirtwheels in their comparison of the banshee, 450 and raptor).

Let us know if we helped you out or if you are still clueless!

PS- Banshee, I think you meant to say the vacuum that is created within the cylinder (what opens the reeds). As far as I knew, everything you stated is how it all works together. :D

·
Banned
733 Posts
butchlt250 said:
do you know how many strokes a Banshee has? Do you know what an engine stroke is? Do you even know how tight of a band you need to make a 2 stroke powerband for a 350 Banshee?

1. 10 foot pounds
2. 18 foot pounds
3. 24 foot pounds
4. 35 foot pounds
5. 46 foot pounds

So how many foot pounds does a stock 350 Banshee need to make a 2 stroke powerband?
i didn't know that foot pounds created the power band. like banshee said it's all about the rpms

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys im not sure,,,,thats y i asked here.....those [email protected] in bluetraxx ask me after they tried to tell me there 4 strokes would hand me my ass...lol thats some funny shit right there.....

·
Banned
733 Posts
yeah those jackoffs over at bluetraxx think thier shit don't stink. especially when they are argueing about who's warrior is faster and the only mod that one has is a K&N filter. that stuff is very funny. i've been kicked out of there once already and i'm working on the second time but it seems that they won't mess with me now due to the fact that after i was kicked out, i got right back in useing the same name and everything and they don't understand how i did it. this is a great site hope you stick around for a while

·
Banned
733 Posts
Banshee said:
BigK you for got that the warrior has a skid plate and that is way it is going to spank your ass.
i knew i forgot something. that skidplate adds at least 25 horsepower to those already race ready warriors. i'm scared of them, i hope i don't see any of them at silver lake sand dunes when i go, because i'll have to go park the shee.

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
When I see a warrior I don't even take mine out of the truck. I mean seriously those things have reverse and electric start. How can my banshee compete with that. Thats it I'm selling the banshee.

Oh yeah by the way found my electrical issue is in the Dyna. So I need to call them tomorrow to figure something out. Glad to know it is that because I still have my stock CDI.

·
Banned
733 Posts
the thing about the warrior i fear the nost is the fact that it doesn't used mixed gas. that makes it a complete badass. i try to ask around before i get the shee out just to make sure there aren't any warriors around..

i'm glad that it was only your dyna.. i mean it sucks, but at least you know what the problem is for sure....

·
Banned
0 Posts
hey banshee your close on your two stroke answer. the pistons pulls in the fuel air mixture on the way down which is also the power stroke. the piston passing the intake side pulls the reds open and pulls the fuel air mix in. on the way up it compresses the mixture and then the exhaust exits out the exhaust side because of differensces in pressure between the cyl and outside air. high pressure goes to low pressure. and being that atmosphereic pressure is 14.7:1 at just above sea level. outside the cyl is always lower pressure and lower temp.

oh yeah as for warriors they are really fast and they will beat both of my shees in a race in reverse. i can't put my feet on the frone tires and push my self backwards near as fast as they can thump in reverse. and don't forget if they put in a k&n filter and toss on a DG silencer they can beat anything i tell ya anything be it modded or not. oh eyah i was in bluetraxx promoting this site as usual and a guy had the name 4strokesR4vaginas i thought it was great and invited him here after the ridiculed him and called him sexist. butch was that you?????

·
Premium Member
8,580 Posts
I new I was close and If I would have thought about it more I would have realize you need the piston going down inorder to pull the air and gas from the reeds. So is an exhaust valve just the opening and closeing of the exhaust side so you don't loose gas and air out the exahust?

That is a very creative username. Invite all the people you want make sure they know what your username is so that they can put you down as a referrer. Maybe if someone referrers enough people they'll get a present.

I just go the rough drawing of the skeleton riding the motor and it looks really good. I'll keep you guys up to date as to when things will be coming out.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts