Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.I'll start of by saying that the only 2 stroke experience I have is with an 02 kx65 that I had for a little while. That being said, I was just given a project quad for my birthday. It's a 300ex chassis with what I believe to be a 01 cr250 engine. I'm having trouble getting it to start. The only way I can get it to crank over is by pulling it. Even then it will start but if I let the rpms fall it dies. I'm thinking with the longer baffle than stock it has, it might need new jetting. I would like to do this myself so any help with where I should start would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I would start with a compression check to get an idea of the condition of the top end. If that checks out ok start looking ot make sure you are getting fuel and a good spark. Have you checked the pilot jet in the carb to make sure it is not plugged? That will cause hard starting.

·
Registered
258 Posts
New plug, fresh fuel? Start by cleaning carb, make sure you can see through all jets, blow out passages,, set float.

You're saying silencer is longer? By how much? Also make sure no mouse nest in pipe. Also do leakdown test, inspect reeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts