Everything2Stroke Forum banner

when will they make a quad with a mx 250 motor in it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will this be made? and why hasnt it been done before? same with 125 2 stroke quad.

·
Registered
119 Posts
2-stroke being the key word there .... most likely won't ever happen .... unfortunately if it did, it would sell to very few people i think

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I love 2 strokes man, I was just wondering if they would ever do it and make a 250cc class for quads like they did for bikes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Ring Pirate Roachie!
841 Posts
i think yamaha should have put their yfz250 engine in the raptor 250 that woulda been sweet

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i saw in a dirtwheels mag honda is putting the 250 dirtbike motor into a atv chassis to compete in a 250 class for quads

·
1986 Honda TRX 250r
2,613 Posts
that would be kick ass.... i would sell everything i own to buy a new 2-stroke quad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
same here bro!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
lol.... well, i would hope you wouldnt sale everything you own? lol.... yep.... im thinking about putting a yz 250 engine in my gf blasty in the near futur.... anybody seen it done realy well? how did it work out?

·
Registered
391 Posts
If they ever did make another 2-stroke MX atv, I've positive it wouldn't be a 250. It'd be something larger for sure.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Honda and Suzuki have already developed concepts for a 250cc 4 stroke race quad.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would vote but -20 years is not an answer :)

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I highly doubt a new 2 stroke race atv is coming out as a 250cc. The only options I see are a ktm300cc 2 stroke quad or something from can-am. If ktm came out with their 300cc 2 stroke engine counterbalanced in a quad frame like their 450's I'd buy it.

If you were talking about honda's race 250cc 4 stroke from the dirtwheels on the cover of the April issue APRIL FOOLS!

How about a yz250 engine in the new raptor 250 chassis.

Unless the EPA decides to attack NoX levels as the greatest threat to earth then we may see 2 strokes come out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea id like to see either a 250 4 stroke or 2 stroke quad made. high performance 4 stroke btw.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
2 strokes never not the big 4 atless ,, no counterbalance i think now never

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
alot of the companies have 4 valve liquid cooled dohc 250f 4 stroke quads planned, they are aimed at the youth class, to get rid of all the 300exs and blasters, and give them so more power, and it will also make it less of a jump to the 450 class for them. In terms of a 2 stroke 250, no its not going to happen, not only have companies lost intrest in them, but so has much of the public. As much as any one here hates to admit it, the 450s have come along way from where 4 strokes were 10 years ago, and are now out performing 2 stroke equivilents in many cases(yes i know not all, you can have your drag banshees). But just look at RM125s and 250s, suzuki still makes a 250 because people still like to ride the 2 strokes recreationally, and it still has some good power, but the 125s are simply underpowered to the 250fs, so they stopped production on them. These bikes are made for competitive racing, and if using a 4 stroke engine means winning, then thats what they will use, so they would not make a "MX" 250 quad, since in competive use it would be useless, im really not trying to stir everyone up with this, but ill just give one small fact, and then ill leave this thread(dont worry) on average a 250cc well built 250r set up for mx will put around 50-52hp to the wheels with good porting on race gas, my LTR (which i know everyone here HATES) has simple bolt on mods, a dasa pipe, a pciii fuel controler, and a fuel ATV intake, all of which bring you to a total of around $900, with that set up on a 08 LTR you will get around 51hp to the wheels on an average dyno, throw in a $200 hot cam and you have 53. Just trying to give some facts here to show why the 250s wont be made, not trying to make an argument.

and if someone has to argue the LTRs numbers which they always do, yes i have multiple rear wheel dynojet dyno sheets to prove it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts