Everything2Stroke Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
Alrite I've been teased enough by hybrids why isn't KTM making a smoker quad????
they know they would have to pay alot in overtime to their employee's, because they wouldnt be able to keep up with sales just working normal production hours. :D

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
It would be a dream come true for many.
A modern suspended 300cc counter balanced single from KTM.

·
7,770 Posts
Im glad KTM is making 2 strokes, I just wish I felt comfortable on one.

Until that day I will stick with the RM
Why you no like the KTM?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I wonder if the DI is being held back because of complications with getting it work at 10,000 rpm. I know DI seems to work well on boats but how will it hold up with the rpm all over the place like on a dirt bike. Does anyone know of Di working on engines with rpm that high? Will it need a multi injector set up to get the proper fuel air mixture?

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
I wonder if the DI is being held back because of complications with getting it work at 10,000 rpm. I know DI seems to work well on boats but how will it hold up with the rpm all over the place like on a dirt bike. Does anyone know of Di working on engines with rpm that high? Will it need a multi injector set up to get the proper fuel air mixture?
i agree. DI on an outboard motor on a boat is gonna work more like a car. the revs will go up a little slower and then hold at a steady speed for a while. im guessing that direct injection for a two stroke bike/quad would have to be able to think fast to be contsntly changing the ratio at a rapid pace. im sure that someone has it figured out, just hasn't put it out there yet.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Torn between the new 300 or a husky tough call.

·
Registered
407 Posts
DI has been around for ages on 2 strokes..... 2 stroke rotary ;) I think there holding back because its gonna raise the price of the bike buy at least 1,000 bucks. Plenty of efi banshees not di but sill it doesn't matter where the injector is in the stream.

Efi is speed density and DI would be MAF

·
Registered
407 Posts
Alrite I've been teased enough by hybrids why isn't KTM making a smoker quad????

I think they saw what happened with the gasser's. Limited market for there 10g quad even more limited would be the 10g 2 stroke. However with the gasser i can swap from a 2t to a 4t in under 2 hours. Tabs are all on the frame for both. Maybe ktm should go this way?

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I've got a feeling Aprilia might be holding out on a DI engine that they will release depending on the KTM success. Also with the price of 4 stroke 450's being around the mid 8k mark if the 2 stroke DI added an additional 1k to the price tag you'd still be saving 500+. There have been rumors of KTM also waiting till the next round of emissions to release the DI but that's in 2014-2015.

Will KTM just release the XC models so I can update this thread with more pics?
:pics

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does any one know if the oem mufflers from one of these ktm 2 strokers has a S/A and quiet? Im still looking for a super quiet alternitive to using the FMF turbine core and ESR muffler I have for my ATC 250R with a big bore and on my stock machine. Gotta be quiet in Wisconsin.:Clap:

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am pretty sure the KTM xc's are not spark arrested sorry. FMF does make a muffler called the Q stealth which is spark arrested and maybe a few db under your turbine core.

Here is a company that makes a s/a for the stock ktm muffler http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/ktm-p...-end-cap-for-2011-150-200-250-300-xc-xcw.html

If you want the biggest DB reduction possible you should look into the DB snorkel
http://www.thedbsnorkel.com/

Good for you looking out to make sure you have the quietest bike instead of the loudest. There should be more riders like you around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I figured will all the emission bs the newer bikes would have to meet more strict requirements. Im 36 and think loud is great for racing but out in the trail including dunes it should be kept quiet the DNR is all over this and the people that dont like to do anything beside walk around with knited stocking caps bare foot taking pics of flowers on hot summer days eat that crap up and the dnr knows they will do all the dirty work for them getting bogus laws passed. Just wait they got it at 96 db pretty soon it will be 92! I've looked at the snorkel thing it looks strange. I mite try building a chambered muffler.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yeah it does look pretty funky and you might end up with clearance issues,possibly the turn down of the end cap on the mufflers helps with how far the sound goes instead of straight out the back.

·
7,770 Posts
Maybe try some MSR Silent sport packing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
DNR is killer in WI. i can drive my quad 5 miles tight now and go snap a picture of a listening post over here in Osseo.

·
Registered
189 Posts
'13 model. bought one few weeks ago and theyre bad to the bone :Monster:. jap bikes aint shit compared to the new generation ktm

21 - 38 of 38 Posts