Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's start with the 2012 KTM sx 2 strokes now with a linkage rear suspension.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Next up is the EXC enduro range.

Six days edition exc.

Still nothing on the 2012 KTM xc models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahY0D9Eivw
At 4:30 KTM hints at deciding this year for direct injection two strokes.

Stay tuned for the future Mini's and XC 2012's.

·
Registered
480 Posts
awesome bikes for sure. glad they are finally getting the linkage on the rear shock, and hopefully some direct injection soon!

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
I love them. KTM's been hintin about DI for ages, jes release it already!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
all they need now is an aluminum frame and DI

·
Registered
525 Posts
i saw all of those models at the local dealership a couple of days ago. I just about jizzed my self. We still have the 2012 Yz models coming in lol. The yz85, 125, and the 250. Are they still bringing the 2 pokes brand new in the States or not? Not sure, but they are not banned here yet. I wish they would still bring the shee back

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you guys liked them.

Along with the new frame/linkage/aluminum swingarm.

The SXs also get a new head-stay and intake boot.

The 125 and 150 SX models are fitted with new kickstarters, while the 150 also gets a new exhaust pipe.

The 250 SX features a new V-Force reed block.

Bodywork has also been changed on the SXs, as they now feature a new white airbox and new white, restyled rear fender, which is said to be stronger, too.

the 150 sx weighs 200 pounds.

the 250 sx is 212.

the KTM 250sx is 450 dollars less than the Yamaha YZ 250.

In the video they mention that KTM still needs an electronics distributor for the DI on the new bikes so I wouldn't expect a KTM with one till at least 2014. I'd be surprised it if happened sooner than that.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
those are sweet as hell how did i miss this??

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buyers will have to decide if they want to support a company just making two strokes or one that not only is making them but further developing them with future goals. When I see a company shell out the same product without changes it leads one to imagine they are being phased out. If history has shown us anything with Yamaha they have no problem dropping two strokes from their product line-ups.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i have owned a new YZ and a new KTM and the KTM is the sh!t... the best of everything is on that bike stock.. for less than the YZ, your getting a deal!! But the YZ is far from crap.. It rips also

I want that 300 but it would be hard to go from my cr500af back to a small 2 stroke

·
Registered
407 Posts
Gasgas And husky are still improving the 2t as well. Both are in direct comp with Ktm. All 3 are excellent choices. I wanted a ktm adventure 900 years ago till i saw the sticker ;)

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

KTM 50 SX

KTM 50 SX mini

KTM 65 SX

KTM 85 SX

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The entire Factory FMF/KTM Team will be riding two-strokes for the remaining AMA National Enduro rounds. - KTM News Release

There is a lot of buzz about the 2012 KTM two-strokes and it's not just the sound from the exhaust. The latest news making its way to the talk boards involves Factory FMF/KTM riders Cory Buttrick and Charlie Mullins who will be making the switch to the 250 XC two-stroke motorcycles for the remaining National Enduro rounds.

Three-time National Enduro Champion, Russell Bobbitt, has been a "two-stroker" throughout his career with KTM and has won all three of his championships aboard his 250 XC race machine. After witnessing his success and trying the new 2012 models, Buttrick and Mullins have decided to give it a whirl.

Now all three Factory FMF/KTM Team riders will line up for the next AMA National Enduro round on their two-stroke race bikes. Mullins, the reigning National Enduro Champion, commented, "I can't wait to race on the new two-stroke. After racing a four-stroke for so long, you forget how much fun the two-strokes can be. I've been riding it the past few weeks and can't believe how easy it is to ride in and out of the tight trees. I feel very confident on the new bike."

It's no wonder the entire team is switching to the two-strokes after KTM has continuously improved the model line over the past few years. For 2012, the two-stroke machines received an abundance of chassis upgrades including a new frame, a new one-piece cast aluminum swingarm and a linkage suspension system.

Source and Credits: http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6768771/...witch-to-two-strokes/index.html#ixzz1S2jvn1xo

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
167 Posts
i want the 300exc, the 6 days edition looks good, i'm debating on posting my blaster up for trade for a yz250 or ktm300exc......?

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Alrite I've been teased enough by hybrids why isn't KTM making a smoker quad????

1 - 20 of 38 Posts