Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a twist throttle on my blaster. I got the sunline throttle housing/cable/carb cap. Later I found out about the idle kit, so I just got a motion pro idle kit. I got these installed no problem, just have a question about the electrical.

As far as the connectors go, what do I need to do for an 06 model? I dont think the 2006 tors box is in the same place as older models that I've read about here. (they changed/moved it in 03?04?-ish) Does anyone know where it is? I've disconnected/removed the throttle switch from the harness when I removed the thumb throttle housing. I diconnected/removed the carb switch when I removed the tors carb cap.

I'd like to just unplug the tors box if that is all that is required, rather than jumping swithces. If I do need to jump switches, do I need to jump the throttle switch, the carb switch or both? Looking at the manual for an older blaster on this site (copyrighted 1987, YSR(U-A)) it looks like the throttle switch is completing a circuit when the throttle is opened and the carb swtich is open/no-continuity when the throttle is opened. So based on that, I'm assuming to just jump the throttle switch. But if I can avoid that by just unplugging the brain (tors box), I'd rather do that. That would leave the oem harness in tact.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 1990 blaster and i removed the tors box with the kit from vitos. Im pretty sure that the tors box is on top of the carb on all year blasters. as for the wiring, i just unhooked the plug that goes to the tors box itself. i did take the throttle switch out of the box on the handlebars, leaving it hooked up to the harness. i just tied it to the frame under the hood so the switch was opened,because if it is in the box on the handlebars when you dont giv it any gas the switch is closed and it wont spark. on mine if i disconnected this switch from the harness completely it wouldnt spark at all. it took me a little while to figure these things out, but eventually the blaster fired right up and ran great. i hope this helps, but it might be different because mine is older.

·
Registered
24 Posts
it is different on blasters 03 and up

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm putting a twist throttle on my blaster. I got the sunline throttle housing/cable/carb cap. Later I found out about the idle kit, so I just got a motion pro idle kit. I got these installed no problem, just have a question about the electrical.

As far as the connectors go, what do I need to do for an 06 model? I dont think the 2006 tors box is in the same place as older models that I've read about here. (they changed/moved it in 03?04?-ish) Does anyone know where it is? I've disconnected/removed the throttle switch from the harness when I removed the thumb throttle housing. I diconnected/removed the carb switch when I removed the tors carb cap.

I'd like to just unplug the tors box if that is all that is required, rather than jumping swithces. If I do need to jump switches, do I need to jump the throttle switch, the carb switch or both? Looking at the manual for an older blaster on this site (copyrighted 1987, YSR(U-A)) it looks like the throttle switch is completing a circuit when the throttle is opened and the carb swtich is open/no-continuity when the throttle is opened. So based on that, I'm assuming to just jump the throttle switch. But if I can avoid that by just unplugging the brain (tors box), I'd rather do that. That would leave the oem harness in tact.
To remove your tour system simply unplug the Box The Handlebar switch and the carburetor switch the tour system on a 2006 should be gray plugs the plug down by the carburetor should have a black wire and then a yellow wire with a black stripe those need to be twisted together otherwise it will not start you won't get Spark just did it to one of mine runs no problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts