Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ktm exc bikes?

okay, so i'v been lookin to trade my blaster for a trail bike for a while, i'v ridden bikes before but am in no way a great rider, i got offered a ktm 200 exc which is what i'v been looking for, its a 02 model which is a little older than i was wanting, but from all the digging i'v done, there were very small changes in all the years, mainly suspension and bodywork, so do u guys think i should trade my 04 blaster that is in good shape for a 2002 ktm 200 exc? i'll get pics later today
EDIT: the bike turned out to be a 125..... so i might not, still lookin for 200's tho

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
got pics!

EDIT: not gonna do it, that isn't a 200, the pipe is obviously a 125's pipe style, and it looks nothing like a 02 200, so yah

2nd EDIT: lol yah, its a 125, i might not do it now

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ktms handle awkward until 07, I know guys that love them but I know alot more that cant stand the older ones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm gonna hold out for a 200, i get easily bored, don't want a 125

·
Registered
198 Posts
Believe me a 125 will definately surprise you....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree, im down to 205lbs & its a blast on my 125. only thing i found is that its a gutless wonder in the sand, sadly my cr85 packs me around the dunes better.
my exact reasoning, i ride at a trails park and there is allooooot of sand, a 125 is't great for tight trails either

·
Honey Badger
6,471 Posts
my exact reasoning, i ride at a trails park and there is allooooot of sand, a 125 is't great for tight trails either
KTM 125's pack a lot of punch. I trail ride my 03 YZ125 all the time, tight trails and all. I'm 6'2", 200lbs and I do fine. I ride with guys on 450's and 250fs and have no prob staying with them. Add a small flywheel weight and you will be surprised. IMO I would trade a Blaster for a 125 anyday.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not a 125 fan, but I would do the trade. It would be better than a blaster imo. I prefer to have more torque and not have to scream a 125 around. The 200 ktm or a kdx 200 or 220 would be better. I guess I have overkill when it comes to trail riding-- a cr500. Great bike, but it kinda sucks starting it(even when you know the drill) and first gear is pretty tall. Still it is nice to never have to worry about not falling off the pipe.

·
Registered
533 Posts
^I ride a CR500 in the heavily wooded mountains of western NC and mad I didn't get one earlier,lol. a lil late I'm sure but I just picked up an 06 200xc w for my daughter to replace her first bike which was a CR85. have a friend with an 07 and after I rode it I knew it was a great woods bike. suspension was a lil stiff but this one I just got has had a gold valve job and sprung for a 150lb rider. done by race tech. thing rides great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts