Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Bike a while back was fully rebuilt top and bottem end has great compression. The bike will start just fine and idle for about 20-30 seconds somtimes longer somtimes shorter and somtimes i can rev it to the moon but when I put it in gear I can only putt around anything past quarter throttle it’s bogs like the kill switch has been hit and dies out. I can start it over and over again and does same things cut out like kill switch has been hit. Has a lectron carb on the bike crank seals where checked and no signs at all of damage or seepage as they are brand new. Bike had a new stator put on it by previous owner CDI BOX IS still the oem one. I don’t wanna start throwing more parts at it any other advise is greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check the ignition timing because if the CDI is triggered by a voltage level, and the new coil has voltage different than OEM then that would cause different timing.
Also check the float level and that the "needle" is "opening up" at 1/4 slide open (not throttle open). Adjust its height so that it starts to offer the fuel more flow area at 1/4 slide. I'll bet it is set so it starts to "open up" around 1/2 slide open.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,849 Posts
Bought the Bike a while back was fully rebuilt top and bottem end has great compression. The bike will start just fine and idle for about 20-30 seconds somtimes longer somtimes shorter and somtimes i can rev it to the moon but when I put it in gear I can only putt around anything past quarter throttle it’s bogs like the kill switch has been hit and dies out. I can start it over and over again and does same things cut out like kill switch has been hit. Has a lectron carb on the bike crank seals where checked and no signs at all of damage or seepage as they are brand new. Bike had a new stator put on it by previous owner CDI BOX IS still the oem one. I don’t wanna start throwing more parts at it any other advise is greatly appreciated thanks!
Make sure the stator is OEM and not a Ricky Stator or as I call them "Rickety Stator" because they are garbage. Also check the wiring and make sure the rev limitor isn't unplugged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.