Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I just uncovered my 99 arctic cat zr700 after it sat since last year, wouldnt start so I pulled the carbs and cleaned them, got it running perfect, the track must have been a little seized up so I got it all freed up and got the sled running perfect and all ready for winter!!!!

I brought it to my buddy's house where I store it for the winter b.c I ride directly from his house onto local trails and stuff, was testing it out in the lawn today and when you take off there is a knocking noise coming from the chain case, thinking maybe its the chain drive?

The fluid looks good, and is full, didnt hear these sounds last year, but I have read that 10k miles is when u should look at changing your chain, and this thing only has 4k on it, is it worthwhile to order a new chain right away? or should I take the cover off and inspect it first? This is the only sled I have owned, and while I am a pretty decent mechanic, I dont know all that much about the drivetrain, what do you guys think?

Here is a video of me and my friend ripping it across his lawn and opening her up a little bit and clearing it out :Smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnnhNSDF-04&feature=channel_video_title

Also, do you guys know where the heck there are grease fittings on this thing? I was looking the other day and cannot find any?!

·
Registered
450 Posts
The track is loose and the drivers are skipping on the inner lugs, tighten up the track a little at a time until it quits.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Nice ski, I cant help you fix it but if you need parts for it let me know, I get snow parts cheap. Man that looks fun, wish it snowed every so often here.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The track is loose and the drivers are skipping on the inner lugs, tighten up the track a little at a time until it quits.
Ok I will give that a shot, do you think it is worthwhile to check out the chain case as well? maybe replace the chain and sprockets? thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice ski, I cant help you fix it but if you need parts for it let me know, I get snow parts cheap. Man that looks fun, wish it snowed every so often here.
Good to know, do you think you could price out the sprockets and chain for the chain drive for my sled? I would def prefer to buy from you, it is a 99 arctic cat zr700, I found the chain on dennis kirk as well, but if you have a good price, I will def buy, thanks a lot!!!!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Good to know, do you think you could price out the sprockets and chain for the chain drive for my sled? I would def prefer to buy from you, it is a 99 arctic cat zr700, I found the chain on dennis kirk as well, but if you have a good price, I will def buy, thanks a lot!!!!
Yah just find out the size of your sprockets, and chain and I can see if I have it and give u a price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts