Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just traded my motorcycle for a 1996 ktm 360 he wanted 600 for it or a trade he doesnt now when it was last rebuilt and he really dont no much about it i was just wondering were i should start on it and where i can find parts for it. it also has an fmf fatty pipe. thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Get a manual and read it thats probably one of the best things that you can do. Next would be compression test, leak down test, plug chop, clean out your carb and inspect your reeds.

·
Old School but still Cool
2,844 Posts
Basically take the body apart and look over everything. 1996 is kind of old if the bike hasn't been taken care of. In fact, usually if things have gone ignored long enough the bike isn't safe. (brake system is a huge red flag of trouble) You can always tell when something was maintained correctly by looking at obvious stuff. I always check the spokes for starters. It amazes me how many times I find loose spokes on off road bikes. Loose spokes are a tell tale sign that proper maintenance has been ignored and now it's game on to find stuff that can cause a lot of trouble when you are out riding.

On the engine do all the normal tests like Morph suggested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts