Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas i just picked up a 91 lt250r with a full duncan racing kit and Pual Turner pipe, my question is that it has an exhuast leak at the bottom of where the pipe meets the head, and when i went to fix the leak i noticed it has no flange on the pipe only the springs to attach it. This cant be completely right there is literally nothing holding it on but the springs and when i took it off, there is no gasket between the pipe and the head and no studs where a flange would bolt up and no flange on the pipe itself, seems strange to me, but i thought i would ask the community if they have seen this before or do i just need to use more silicone to seal it up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get on to Duncan Racing and get a flange
You correct sir, I called Duncan today and they were blown away it didn’t have one. On a side not I spoke to one of the Duncan brothers and what a fun, knowledgeable and nice person makes me want to do more business with them for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fellas i just picked up a 91 lt250r with a full duncan racing kit and Pual Turner pipe, my question is that it has an exhuast leak at the bottom of where the pipe meets the head, and when i went to fix the leak i noticed it has no flange on the pipe only the springs to attach it. This cant be completely right there is literally nothing holding it on but the springs and when i took it off, there is no gasket between the pipe and the head and no studs where a flange would bolt up and no flange on the pipe itself, seems strange to me, but i thought i would ask the community if they have seen this before or do i just need to use more silicone to seal it up?
Someone screwed up...you must have a flange there...what I do with all my smokers, clean the inside of the pipe really well and the apply a light coat of RTV and do the same procedure to the new flange when u get it, install the pipe and springs and the tighten all the bolt supports, let the RTV cure overnight before you start it and VOILA!!! you have a nice sealed joint that won't leak any gasses and won't drip oil on your motor or frame...I do the same thing to the connection of the stinger to the silencer pipe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts