Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt the top end on my KTM 250EXC. I am still getting coolant in my trans oil though. Sometimes it leaks very very slow if at all, and randomly it will completely flush out my trans oil. We almost completely replaced the water pump (new seals and gaskets and impeller) and that does not seem to be changing anything. I replaced the head as I was told the head was damaged (no specific information as to what was wrong with it) and that doesn't seem to be helping either.

Been trying to get this thing running for a few months, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so i have done everything except break down the bottom end. I did notice that if i pore water into the system, it almost immediately comes out of the oil drain hole.

If anyone can give me some pointers or ran into an issue like this before i could really use the help.

·
4stokesLazy2strokesCrazy!
7,770 Posts
Is it possible your case halves are not sealed up tight?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Is it possible your case halves are not sealed up tight?
Something i would recommend to go along with Paulie's theory there is to use a dye in the water. Usually will leave a light stain on the parts so you can see where the leak is happening at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts