Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
rebuilding a yz80 and i was going to get a manual for specs and i was thrown a few options, yz80(A), yz80(B),yz80(LC) and there is probably more i dont know about. how do i know what i have or does it matter ?

im looking mainly for torque, ignition timing and basic info like that.

:thanks:

·
Registered
84 Posts
For 88-92 YZ80 the basic ignition timing BTDC 15deg @ 11500 rpm.

They use an NGK B9EG with 20-24 thousand gap.

Stock cab is a Mikuni VM26ss, 280 main, 35 pilot, screw at 1.75 turns and float level of .79-.87 inch.

The cylinder head torque is 9 ft. lbs first stage and 18 ft. lbs second stage.

It also weighs a whopping 135 pounds.

I have some other info on them like fluid capacity/type and some main engine torque specs for Magneto, Clutch hub, crank sprocket etc

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers man, i found a manual on ebay so i should see that soon. yz80(a) is a 1990 model.

15deg @ 11500rpm seems excessive ? you sure thats what it is ?, ive never had to rev anything that high to do the timing before.

thanx again, if i dont end up getting the manual ill hit you up for some tension settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For 88-92 YZ80 the basic ignition timing BTDC 15deg @ 11500 rpm.

They use an NGK B9EG with 20-24 thousand gap.

Stock cab is a Mikuni VM26ss, 280 main, 35 pilot, screw at 1.75 turns and float level of .79-.87 inch.

The cylinder head torque is 9 ft. lbs first stage and 18 ft. lbs second stage.

It also weighs a whopping 135 pounds.

I have some other info on them like fluid capacity/type and some main engine torque specs for Magneto, Clutch hub, crank sprocket etc
what is the other specks like fule mix ratio and shift pattern like is it 1 down 4 up or 1 down half up n and 4 up and what kinda oil dose it need

1 - 4 of 4 Posts