Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
G'd Up From The Feet Up
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wondering how much hp and mph the 1987 lt250r has stock...

thanks~

·
Registered
515 Posts
I would guess the same thing. The lt250rs have little higher top speed than the 250rs stock. They dont handle as nice but the are straight line monsters.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
All I know is the stock hondas I have ridden were turds... I wouldnt put it past an LT to pull on it...

·
G'd Up From The Feet Up
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone for the answers/help.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I had an '89 and if I remember corectly it was supposed to be good for 69mph, at least according to Dirtwheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 86 and i run a 11 tooth front,stock rear,its good for about 70 mph and gets there in a hurry!Mx port job done on it

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
my 88 motor was stock gearing and i dont think i was running anything over 70,maybe close to that,my friends 06 450r had a much faster top speed and i think they top out around 75,my banshees on the other hand are a different story

·
2 stroke thinker
2,062 Posts
1badlt250r said:
I have a 86 and i run a 11 tooth front,stock rear,its good for about 70 mph and gets there in a hurry!Mx port job done on it
wow! must run like a F1 car! 19,000 r.p.m. huh?

·
Registered
21 Posts
To me my lt250r seems to die after 3rd gear. It seems like it needs another 15hp or something but I am use to riding a 60-70hp banshee which I still have.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Theres alot of bad info in here.

First of all a 87 quadracer is faster than a 250r stock, not on accel but about 4-5th they start to pull off.

Second they are not only straight line monsters, but they are one of the best cornering bikes ever. Hence there flat track dominations since the 80's. however the 250r will beat them in the air because of its suspension travel and frame design. That is why 250rs made the mx scene and suzukis tapered off.

Third HP means absolutly nothing.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
92rslt1 said:
Third HP means absolutly nothing.
So I can be faster than a Banshee with an 8hp Briggs&Stratton motor in my bike?

·
Registered
258 Posts
HP is nothing more than a number for dyno racing or a number used to sell somthing. My point is Hp doesnt mean a bike is automaticly faster than another, there for its a worthless debate. For example: The 250r had more hp yet the 87+ lt250 was faster.

apples to apples.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thats exactly why i said when comparing apples to apples oranges to oranges. Thats totaly irrelevant.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I dont remember but I think this thread was about 250s not banshees, but thank you comparing apples to oranges. Not relevant.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts