Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmonring. I am new to this site. I own a 1984 Kenny Roberts yellow and black RZ350. I am the original owner and have kept the bike "box stock" from the day I road it home in 1984. The machine is spotless and with all the original components. The motor has never been modified, or never opened up internally. The bike has only 2,750 miles on it. That's right, under 3000 miles. It has been ridden every season since new, averaging about 100 miles a season, so it does run, and has always run great. To my point, I am looking to part with this gem to generate some cash to work on another toy I own, my second owner 1971 Chevelle. Can anyone tell me what this bike might be worth? I can post digital photo's as soon as the snow melts and I get it out of winter storage.

Thanks,

Tox

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
sounds like you got a real gem on your hands ,without the photos its hard to say ,that was a beautiful machine no doubt! id do some research about its value ,blue book doesnt recognize antiquety or rareity so it will most likely be off by a great deal.
its not uncommon for these rz's to sell for 3500$-4,000$ if cherry! good luck,they are getting harder to find in pristine shape like the one your describing :blob6: !

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Resident Genius
1,645 Posts
If I had the money I'd send you the cash now. The yellow and black RZs are my favorite. Anway Kelly Blue Book says $2205 in my area. But there are footnotes that include the following:
"This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. "

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Questions: I still own this RZ and right now it is sitting in my dining room. The mileage is 2800 miles, still box stock yellow/black. The bike has been sitting in my dinning room for 4 years now without ever being run. The carbs are clean and dry, as well as the fuel tank. If I were to let this sit a few more years, what precautions should a person take to make sure nothing dries out, locks up, etc? I do keep the cylinder walls lubed but what else should I do? Fuel tank fogged? Crankcase fogged? Coolant/antifreeze? I am open to any and all idea's. Lastly, how do I post a couple of pictures of this thing sitting in my dining room?

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
sometimes when they sit for long periods of time such as yours has, the clutch plates will dry up and stick together. pulling the clutch lever in and kicking the motor over slowly will help prevent that from happening. if it's not too loate already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts