Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting a 1976 RD350 to BW

I have an extra BW200 Roller that was just collecting dust and just ran across this RD350 in a junkyard.

The front end was a simple swap as everything was a dead match.

Next will be the rear. The swing arm is 1/8th" larger than the opening on the RD frame. When I get to it I will inset a bottle jack to stretch the frame.

any input would be greatly appreciated. the exhaust from my odyssey project will be used eventually since I went back with the single with a y pipe.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
this is interesting. I'm about to tear into an rd350 also, but mine is going to go the cafe racer route. I'd suggest getting the swing arm machined down a little bit rather than stretching the frame.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Got the rear end in.....
need chains sprockets.
Tires and a battery. Brakes are next though.

And eventually convert to monoshock

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
hahahaha, this thing is awesome. I feel like a few extra inches on the swingarm wouldn't hurt. Are those the rd or bw shocks on the back?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well as much as I want to keep it all yamaha I found that the 200x front fits in the yamaha tripples. Do I hear front disc conversion?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE

BW 200 front end

BW200 Rear end

New jackshaft sprockets

ATC200X front end with disc brakes instead of the bw200

Dumped the front light and sigs for a more offroad look

A little body work.

Kept the tach.

[/quote]

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
how does she ride?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually very nice. I want to change out the exhaust to up swept instead of so low. And go to mono shock in the rear.

2nd gear is about all you need for woods riding so far. I am getting a 25 inch tire for the rear. That will change up the gearing a bit. And I have a 12 tooth sprocket for the secondary chain it's at 14 now. Stock bw sprocket size. I need to learn how to time the points better also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts