Everything2Stroke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to have my engine case modded for the 10 mil... i'm using 33mm keihin carbs on a 10 mil cheetah kit, noss head with 72mm pistons from cascadeinnovations.com.. making it a 521cc motor.. what i wanted to know is.. what kind of jets should I use ( i'm on sea level)..with all these new parts can i still use the stock timing key... or should I buy an aftermarket advance time key?... btw anybody know if Vito's 10 mil crankshaft is a good brand?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and a 4 mil?

what about a 4 mil? should I trench the case...

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
You're fine with the 4mil, i think is 5mil and up where you need case trenching.

I'm not sure what size jets you need but I'm thinking those are small carbs for a big bore cheetah!
There's happy members here with their stroked Vito's cranks but can't recall feedback on a 10mil..
I'm sure the builders will see this thread and answer your questions as needed!

. | . | .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
33mm carb on a 4 mil?

are 33mm carbs ok for a 4 mil cheetah? (472cc)

·
Need For Speed
2,777 Posts
Do I need to have my engine case modded for the 10 mil... i'm using 33mm keihin carbs on a 10 mil cheetah kit, noss head with 72mm pistons from cascadeinnovations.com.. making it a 521cc motor.. what i wanted to know is.. what kind of jets should I use ( i'm on sea level)..with all these new parts can i still use the stock timing key... or should I buy an aftermarket advance time key?... btw anybody know if Vito's 10 mil crankshaft is a good brand?
Yes you have to trench your casses for a 10mil. Anyting bigger than a 4mil you have to trench. If your gonna run the 10mil cheetah kit I would suggest getting bigger carbs, nothing less than a 39 or 40mm. I take it your also gonna be running alky, cause a 10mil cheetah on reg gas is just plain retarded and wth alky you will gain more HP for sure!! So if your runnin alky I would start off with 118 mains and 55 pilots with the powerjets wide open, keep it fat starting off and work your way down to a safe and healthy point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4 mil cheetah

ok... if I have a 4 mil cheetah 72mm piston and noss coolhead (472cc).... 33mm carbs aren't enough, which are??... i'm gonna run it on regular gas.. if somebody can tell me which jets i should use that would be great thanks for the help..

·
Banned
644 Posts
ask flotech he should be the one to answer that question for ya

·
Need For Speed
2,777 Posts
ok... if I have a 4 mil cheetah 72mm piston and noss coolhead (472cc).... 33mm carbs aren't enough, which are??... i'm gonna run it on regular gas.. if somebody can tell me which jets i should use that would be great thanks for the help..
First off why are you running reg gas in a 4mil cheetah? What are you building a trail bike, or dune bike??? If so I would choose another setup, the cheetah cylinders are mainly used for drag racing. Go with a 4mil stock cylinder or 4mil cub for a dune bike.

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
You can run 33PWKs on a 10 mil cheetah. But it sounds to me like you're building an engine around carbs, instead of buying carbs for an engine?
Why are you stuck on 33's for a HUGE engine. A 10 mil cheetah with power valves will run great on gas for dunes, etc. It will not be a trail bike, I don't care what carbs you put on them.

If you're stuck on running 33PWKs on that motor start with 160 mains, CEL needle and 52 pilots. That should be safely rich...

I've built quite a few and worked on even more of this type of engine, and it sounds like you're buying just an engine....and not thinking this out.

A 10 mil 72 bore cheetah is going to shift like shit on a stock trans, and the clutch will slip like a mofo...so are you going to upgrade that?
Also...what about tires and a longer swingarm and more chain, have you thought about that??

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
You can run 33PWKs on a 10 mil cheetah. But it sounds to me like you're building an engine around carbs, instead of buying carbs for an engine?
Why are you stuck on 33's for a HUGE engine. A 10 mil cheetah with power valves will run great on gas for dunes, etc. It will not be a trail bike, I don't care what carbs you put on them.

If you're stuck on running 33PWKs on that motor start with 160 mains, CEL needle and 52 pilots. That should be safely rich...

I've built quite a few and worked on even more of this type of engine, and it sounds like you're buying just an engine....and not thinking this out.

A 10 mil 72 bore cheetah is going to shift like shit on a stock trans, and the clutch will slip like a mofo...so are you going to upgrade that?
Also...what about tires and a longer swingarm and more chain, have you thought about that??
damn Dave, you tryin to spend all his money? lol. Dave is right though if your going to use such a big motor, then your gonna have to build the bike around it not the other way around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

waw thanks for the info... well what about a 4 mil cheetah doin 472cc 33mm carbs vforce and noss cool head... Its gonna be a street bike for drag and casual riding around the street... lowered stock frame with a 8+ swingarm.. I got the 33mm PWK carbs new in a box from a friend, I did a favor for him and got the carbs (you cant deny new carbs man:p).. tell me what you think.. and what kind of jets..

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
i thought a 10 mile was 460 cc's
anyways u should get a 392 cub im making 90 hp on race gas with 34pj's
yes, a 10 mil. "cub, 68mm bore" is a 465. a 10mil cheetah, 72mm bore is bigger.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts