Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
06' banshee needs MOD help

Ive just started upgrading my shee I got #310 jets with procircuit platinum2 pipes, Im getting a k&n kit and am trying to decide on (sprocket sizes and swingarm lengths) next,but I dont know whether more or less teeth is better. Im looking to get more speed on take off but not sacrifice top end (by much) and I also heard that rim/tire size makes a difference? can anybody help?

·
PLAYTIME'S OVER BITCHES!!
13,056 Posts
question is, what will you be doing with your shee? track, trails, drags, or dunes? if you want to be able to use it for all of those i would leave the gearing stock..if you gear it down for more takeoff power, chances are your just going to get more wheel spin. rim size dont make a difference but the rear tire size does effect topend, the taller the tire the more rollout it has for every revolution, so yes a taller tire will increase topend speed but not to drasticlly. shorter rear tires do just the opposite they will make your shee top out faster but sacrificing topend speed. as far as gearing goes, more teeth on front and less on back = greater topend, less teeth on front and more teeth on back = greater bottom end. hope this wasnt to confusing, its still early in the am.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im mostly a dune rider i barely do trails and i luv 2 sand drag and hill climb. as for the gearing thanx now that i know that i think im gunna grab these 45t sprockets off ebay and try to find less for the fronts, do you know if im gonna need a different chain?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually now that i think about i forgot i wanna extended swing arm so ima hafta getta new chain, ay i was thinkin about a +12 arm you think thats 2 big?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i wanted somethin that looks sick kuz its long but thats true i do still wanna do jumps and mess around, does a +4 look good as far the extension or can you barely tell?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats kool ima go check out some parts see what i can do then hopefully gets some pics to post up, good lookin on the info brotha ill get at you later!

·
Face Down in a brewski
2,821 Posts
Before you go any further...figure out if you want a bike that looks cool, or runs good and is functional.....

·
Throwing Big Sand
1,095 Posts
Let us know what you have done on that motor besides pipes!
+12 will not look cool on a stock bike with small paddles.. And you won't be able to have fun either way.. I've messed with gearing a bit but I can't complain about stock sprockets.. It provides enough 2nd & 3rd gear for those steep climbs! I don't do too bad against other banshee's of my caliber, I rock the +2 swinger on a ported motor with no complaints!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
another thing u might want to consider is a new chain and front sproket. from my experience if you replace one you should replace both and a new chain or it will break. yes it has happend to me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put a 13t front sprocket just got her dyno'd (47 1/2 hp) not bad for stock!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
K&n pods, pro circuit pipes, 340main jets and a shit load of personnal time adjustin the fucker about 2 weeks of fine tunen in the garage!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts