Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I have a 2006 banshee I was sold in literally parts because the guy that sold it to me was getting the frame sand blasted but he never got the chance to do it so I made him an offer and her sold it to me so I recently put it all back together me not knowing what I got myself into but I finally finished and I got her running but my right carb. Was dropping gas so I did some research and I read and also seen a video of some guy taking apart his carb and cleaning it and what not made sure the floater was working everything was cleaned but when I put everything back and I tried starting it the quad was just accelerated like if someone was pushing the throttle so I turned it off oh and I also made sure the carb cap cylinder thing was set on right. Well I keep messing with it and sometimes it will start and be accelerated and sometimes won't start at all I need help to get her running haven't rode her once and I'm dying to ride this banshee! Thanks guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
Since it ran before, but now the throttle is stuck after reassembly;
It sounds like the slide(s) may be stuck.
The carburetor slide is the round or rectangular piece that has the needle sticking out of the bottom, and the throttle cable hooks to the top.
The round slides have a groove in the side, and there is a guide pin on the inside of the carb that the slide fits into.
This keeps the slide from rotating. It is easy to put the slide in off of the pin and get it stuck.
That will cause the throttle to stick.
It could be other things also, but that is the first thing I'de check for.

Also, did you set the idle and air screws in the correct positions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts