Everything2Stroke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a top end rebuild and new seals for the bottom end, and a clutch,.. and i cant remember what else..

it ran fine for ages, but then it just took a turn for the worst...

when i clean the plug, it runs... boggy.... for about 1-2 mins.. and i have the keep it alive revving but eventually dies..

when i take out the plug its got a bit of black oil on it, and sometimes travels up the thread... :\

the other day i got lucky... i cleaned the plug (BR10EG) proper good and it ran almost fine... (1/4 throttle.. boggy...but when i open it up past 1/2 throttle it ran like a dream... and was nippy :D, but then later that day when i left it to cool down for about 1-2 hours... it was the same as before... to get it to run i have to clean the plug and it lasts for under 2-3 mins :\...

i run Putoline 2-stroke oil, at ~32:1

Any help and ideas would be great!

Engine/performance Mods:
Fmf Fatty pipe + silencer
V-Force Reeds
NGK boot and leeds
NGK BR10EG Plug

If anybody could help me, or give any advice or solutions, please help...
i considered getting a hotter plug, perhaps iridium??

Thanks, Max

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Suzuki Rm85
2007 CPI SuperMoto 50cc

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
so your cleaning the plugs instead of getting new ones? and my rm85 (01) runs a br8e plug br10e is hotter i think maybe you have the wrong plug.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The lower the number on the plug is the hotter it burns, atleast that what the NGK book states. I have a 2003 RM 85 and it runs a NGK BR10ECS, I will also run a ngk br10es, Ive only ever fouled 1 plug in about 20hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts